Friday, February 5, 2016

Tad Gear Dispatch Bag

Well boys and girls, it's been a while since I posted.  But fear not, I just received my newest package from TAD Gear, the Dispatch Bag (pictures coming soon).

I've had this for one day and really like it.  I'm not quite a TAD Gear fanboy, but they do make great stuff.  I've had the Lightspeed for about 7 years and it's held up like a champ.  It's been my daily computer bag, hiking bag, and went to Iraq for a while.  It still looks and works like new.

I expect the same from the Dispatch Bag.  I got this more to carry notebooks and a laptop.  The Lightspeed can do the same thing, and actually has a bit more room, but the Lightspeed doesn't allow as easy access to everything.  The zipper on the main compartment makes it hard to see everything down inside, whereas the Dispatch Bag is wide open.

The DB features a padded pocket for a laptop, plenty of other areas for organizing your pens and stuff, several zipper pouches and the famous flashlight cave.  That said, I have to agree with other reviews that note that the flashlight cave is a little too narrow for a normal sized hand to fit in all the way.  Anyway, it's there if you want to try to use it.  

The DB also features Molle on the front and sides and I managed to fit an OP1  pouch on the side below the shoulder strap and it works pretty well.  I started out with it on the front, but it stuck out more than I would have liked and could possibly be the difference between fitting under an airplane seat or not.

Just like all the other TAD Gear, it's built like a tank and seems to have storage in all the right places.  If you packed well, I think it could serve as an overnight bag, if you weren't travelling for more than a day.

Stay tuned for updates and pictures once I get some time and more experience with this.

Nice job again TAD Gear.


Update 9/1/2017
I ended up selling this bag.  As much as I wanted to like it, it just didn't do it for me.  I liked the organization part of it, but it just felt too bulky.  By the time you'd get a laptop, files, books or whatever other crap you're carrying around, into the bag, it's almost like a backpack.  Once it's filled up like that, it doesn't carry well.  Yes, maybe I just put too much stuff in it, but hey, that's what I bought it for.

It also doesn't have the versatility of a backpack.  Outside of an urban environment, I think this thing would be useless.  Don't even think of taking this into the "field".  I don't know why you would, but even as a day pack while hiking, I think this would be a pain to carry comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment