Tuesday, May 3, 2011

TAD GEAR Pathfinder jacket

I picked up a Tad Gear Pathfinder jacket after doing a lot of looking around both online and in stores.  Everything I saw was either too light or too heavy.  I wanted something for the strange season after winter and before summer.  I guess it's called spring but this year in the midwest, the weather has been all over the place.

The Pathfinder jacket seems to fit the bill perfectly.  It's a hardshell fleece that acts as a pretty decent windbreaker and is also suitable for light rain.  I wore it this morning (beginning of May) when the temps outside were in the upper 30's, over a short sleeve shirt and was very comfortable.  When the wind picked up a lot, I felt it a little, but it wasn't bad.

I chose the Pathfinder because it's got no hood and is still a pretty lightweight jacket.  The sleeves have thumbholes and the pockets feature a pass through for headphones.  Inside the zipper are loops for cord management.

Once again, I'm really happy with Tad Gear's quality and attention to detail.  It's not the cheapest gear, but so far all of their stuff has held up very well.  I would definitely recommend the Pathfinder jacket if you're in the market for something that will keep you dry and warm during the unpredictable midwest springtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment